Benefits of Membership in the Council
The New York State Council on Divorce Mediation (The Council) is the largest private mediation organization in the State. The Council has been accrediting mediators since 1986, setting a professional standard for mediators to strive to attain and to assist the public in finding qualified mediators.
As a member of NYSCDM, you will receive the following benefits:
- “Find a Mediator” Website Listing: Free basic listing on our “Find a Mediator” page including name, office address, telephone number, website address, and email. Hotlinks available for nominal fee.
- Peer Networking: A membership of over 200 mediators to network with both educationally and promotionally.
- Access to Listserve: Stay up-to-date on the latest issues being discussed within the mediation community throughout New York State. Have access to over 200 mediators willing to help with questions and challenges you face in your practice.
- Professional/Educational Development: The Council offers two one-day conferences per year (Upstate in September and Downstate in December), a day-long Institute providing in-depth education on one topic area prior to each year’s annual conference, and an annual conference held Thursday-Saturday the first weekend in May each year. Members receive a discount for all events.
- Accreditation: An organization which offers accreditation for identity of experience and expertise.
- Legal Updates: Newsletter and Annual Meeting updates on legal issues and changes in the law (including case studies) affecting our profession.
- Quarterly Electronic Newsletter: Designed to address timely educational and newsworthy issues.
- Discounted Liability Insurance: Complete Equity Markets offers reduced price insurance to members of the Council.
Fill in a Membership Application and become a member today!
Or email us at email@example.com for additional information.